Everything's Bouquet

Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm a Statistic

I'm a statistic, and not a happy statistic.  I'm in the larger side of the group in the weight loss world  that gains back the weight they lost.  This is not the blog I was hoping to write in my first post back from my long hiatus. I stepped on the scale for the first time in several months this morning and the news was sadly shocking.  I gained back 36 of the 40 pounds I lost last year.  I might address the why and how of how I managed to do that in another blog post.  Today I am addressing my forward plan.

Lately I have been feeling SICK of the whole eating/weight/healthy issue.  SICK, SICK, SICK of it.  So SICK of it that I figure I have two choices.  Am I SICK enough of the battle to throw in the towel and embrace overeating and it's lifestyle, or SICK enough to finally conquer this battle and stop driving myself crazy.  I hope and pray I am SICK enough of this to lose this weight for good this time.

My fourteen day plan: The Urban Girl Wellness Nutrition Program. I won a give away from Melodee at the very funny and inspiring  The Diet Naked Blog.   I have been trying to get myself back on track since February, and when I won the give away I promised myself that I would follow the program to a tee.  So a big thank you and shout out to Melodee and Paula (at the Urban Girl Wellness).  I am hoping this plan will help break my sugar addiction, get me adjusted to smaller portions, jump start my weight loss, and generally inspire me to keep going and finish the job.

Below is a picture of my vision board I put on the outside of my progress journal.  I'm going to record the details in here.  Next Monday I will post my weight loss for the week.  The notebook cost me literally ten cents at Target last year, but putting my vision on the outside was fun and inspiring.....I resisted priceless. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY to see you back! And you know what? When someone leaves their blog, usually that's an indication that they're not ready to face the scale or accountability, and the sooner they do face it, the better they'll do! So you're here, you're facing it and learn from it! We've ALL been there at one time or another - you are not just a statistic, you are a real person who is learning from her mistakes - and moving on! Good for you!
Dawn

BrendaKaye said...

You are so right Dawn! Thank you for your encouragement! :)