Everything's Bouquet

Monday, July 16, 2012

Week One Results

It was an interesting week.  The products the program sent me were nutritional smoothies and bars.  The first five days consisted of three smoothies and two bars.  Day six added real food.  I was determined to make it.   I have done many weeks longer on juice cleanses and the clean program.  What I didn't count on was being allergic to the ingredients.  I was worried the smoothies would have artificial sugar in them, and I am allergic to that.  When I saw there was no artificial sugar I thought I was good to go.  WRONG.  The smoothies were made with soy protein.  Day one I was sneezing and blowing my nose like crazy every time I drank a smoothie.  Day two had more of the same with some added you know what that makes you RUN for the potty.  I can take sneezing, but not that other awful thing.  I continued on through day three telling myself that I am not a quitter, allergy or not.  FINALLY, in the middle of day four I was feeling even sicker and just threw in the towel.  I decided making myself sick wasn't healthy either.

The remainder of the week I did try to eat somewhat healthy.  I weighed in today and lost 3 pounds.  Yea for 3 pounds!  Honestly, this time around I just want to lose consistently and slowly.  I want to eat clean most of the time with a few splurges here and there.  I am aiming for something I can live with once I finally reach my goal.

Below is a picture of our lunch: Caprese Peach and Tomato Salad.  I found the recipe at Fat Fighter TV.  It was healthy and delicious...my favorite combination.


Goals for this week:
Journal
Eat clean
Lose at least two pounds
Blog at least two times

0 comments: