Everything's Bouquet

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Amazing



I read this article here about the winners of The Biggest Loser.  The winner lost 129 pounds in 8 months.  Two of the others in this article lost 120 pounds and 116 pounds in eight months.  Amazing.  That is an average of around 16, 15, and 14 pounds a month for eight long months.  How do they do that?  I know they have training, help, and work out for hours every day.  I know my Jillian exercise dvd kills me, so I imagine her workout in person is incredible.  BUT WOW!! They lose some of those pounds on their own at home too.  Even if they did them all at the camp I still say WOW!!   They also look fantastic; no loose skin or any sign they were ever 129 pounds bigger.

I would like a dose of their determination and consistency!  It really makes me question all the popular advice out there saying slow weight loss is the best way to go.  I know some of the past winners of The Biggest Loser gained weight back, but a lot of slow losers (myself included) also gain weight back.  I confess I did not watch the show this season, but I am impressed with their achievements! What do you think? Slow and steady weight loss or fast and furious weight loss? Do you think it's possible to accomplish what they did without trainers, time, and of course that monetary reward?  I don't think I could lose 14 or more pounds a month consistently for the next four months, but it is inspiring to know those people did it for eight months!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

To be honest, it was the best season I have seen. If you have an interested, check the NBC website and see if full episodes are still posted.

I was a slow loser and needed to be for my mind to adjust. Most fast losers minds do not adjust, unless they mindfully work on it.

I watch each season of TBL thinking that just a couple of the contestants will get all their weight off and keep it off. . .

BrendaKaye said...

Vickie I recently read Fat Chance by Julie Hadden who was on TBL. It was a good book, and she has kept her weight off. On her website she has a transformation video that is really inspiring.