Everything's Bouquet

Friday, May 27, 2011

Update on The Little Rose Jacket (TLRJ)

Go big or go home must have been my motto when I bought TLRJ.  It caught my eye while Christmas shopping in December of 2009.  I thought it was the tangible inspiration I needed to lose the weight in 1010.  Before I knew it 2011 was rolling in and I weighed at least ten more pounds than what I weighed when I bought TLRJ.  I dusted it off and decided 2011 will be the year that I wear TLRJ.

Naturally when dreaming big and pulling out smaller clothes to check out what fits last week, my eyes went to TLRJ.  I wasn't delusional enough to think it would fit, but since I was nearing the halfway mark in my weight loss journey I wanted to document how it fits (or doesn't fit) in pictures.  Note to self: clean the mirror in the boys bathroom before snapping photos in it! Below are a few pictures complete with measuring tape to see how many inches I will need to work off before the LRJ buttons.


That tape measure says it is around five inches until TLRJ buttons.  Like I said...go big or go home!  It really is only a PM (petite medium), and that should be in the right size range once I am at my goal weight.  It looks a little impossible in these photos, but that makes me even more determined to fit into in before 2012.

Below is my LRJ model Lizzie, and also freshly turned senior in high school.  I asked her to model it to show what it should look like, and of course it is a little big on her.

So there is the update on my progress toward my LRJ.  This fall or winter I hope to GO BIG and GO OUT in my LITTLE ROSE JACKET and some skinny jeans!

5 comments:

Dani said...

You'll get there!!!

BrendaKaye said...

I pray and hope so Dani! Thank you for the encouragement!!

Vickie said...

LOVED this post.

You are welcome for Kay reference -

the thing I would say about Kay (and blogs also) is take what is helpful and leave the rest.

there are people who find the 'Abstinent' part very helpful. There are others who do not.

If you do not, there is still a lot to be gained from kay's food plan suggestions. She spells out the concepts of portions and balance between food groups in a very simple to follow format.

When I was introduced to kay I was coming off of counting calories. I was freaked out by the concept of just picking between green veggies for example (asparagus, green beans, broccoli) and not worrying about the calories. I learned with whole foods and knowing what is starchy and what is not, it all evens out in the end.

BrendaKaye said...

Vickie what jumped out at me from Kay's information was the wheat. I mean I liked lots of her stuff, but the wheat got me. I have been eating a little too much of it for me since I am so carb sensitive. I read through a lot of her articles though and they are very helpful. Thanks again!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Oh yeah! I love how you are documenting your journey, and watching for those non-scale victories!