Everything's Bouquet

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Tabulations

 Bananas and berries with cream for two.  Cold, refreshing, and serotonin producing.

I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the people suffering from the horrific tornado damage.  My heart is sad for them, and I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through.

Today I made it to the the official halfway mark: minus 41 pounds.  I predicted I'd get too dramatic about it, and had myself prepared for a slight depression facing the daunting task of losing another 41 pounds.  It didn't happen (I thought).  I was so happy to reach that halfway point, and I really felt like losing 41 pounds makes it that much more possible to do it again.  I'd like to order a 41 pound loss again please.  I was pretty chipper about the entire thing UNTIL......I got the grand idea I should take some pictures at this halfway juncture.  I thought it would be good to compare them with my at goal pictures some dreamy day.  UGH.  My perspective is so off.  I thought I looked way better,  I thought everything looked way better...my hair, face, double chin, arms, tummy, and behind.  Even my legs that aren't really fat (those sticks that carry my heavy apple around) are about the color of a cotton ball.  Lovely.  These pictures started to depress me.  I mean really, I lose 41 pounds and look like this?  I cannot imagine what I looked like before.

These pictures are enough to make me have a little big pity party, which of course could include some chocolate.  NOPE.  It is what it is.  I am going to be thankful that I have a healthy body.  A body that can walk, jog, lift weights, chase after my children, and hug on my man.  I am going to accept these photos, publish them for accountability, and embrace them as motivation to press on and lose the next 41 pounds.  It really isn't easy putting them on here.  That in itself is silly since everyone that knows me knows I look like this.  I'm the only one not in on the secret.  Maybe a little more reality and a lot less denial and I would not need to lose 82 pounds!  So behold the awful pictures below.  Motivational pictures: Don't do as I did, and I will continue to do better!



WEEK 15 RESULTS

Fasting Blood Sugar for 5/17/11 through 5/23/11
88
87
86
84
83
82
88

Morning Blood Pressure for 5/17/11 through 5/23/11
104/68
91/51
95/59
96/63
107/63
94/68
101/63

Dreaded Scale Numbers for 5/18/11 through 5/24/11
-0
-0
-0.5
-0.5
-0.5
-0.5
-0.5
So a total of minus 2.5 pounds this week bringing my total loss to minus 41 pounds.  Halfway to goal. 

Exercise for 5/17/11 through 5/23/11
3.0 miles/ 35.40 minutes elliptical/ upper body workout
4.0 miles/ 49.38 minutes outside walk interval/ lower body workout
4.0 miles/ 47.12 minutes outside walk interval/ upper body workout
2.0 miles/ 27.35 minutes (neck hurting)/ lower body workout
4.0 miles/ 51.26 minutes (neck hurting so slower)
Rest day.
4.0 miles/48.51 minutes outside walk interval/upper body workout

I have two herniated disks in my neck that act up once in a while. When they start to bother me, I try to do what I can to prevent them from going into a major problem which is extremely painful.  I had to slow my jogging a little.  I hope I don't have to stop jogging, because I am starting to enjoy what little bit of it I do.
Below is my journal for this week.  It seems like these weeks are flying!  


0 comments: